Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random Thoughts 2

Here are some random thoughts tonight:

1. Jacob's friend Tony grew up in a small town in South Dakota of just over 600 people. He attended the public high school where he only had 8 people in his graduating class. The amazing thing is that the school split those 8 students into two English classes of 4 and 4, one honors and one regular. I didn't know such small public schools still existed, plus splitting the class is just crazy when it is so small to begin with.

2. Several people have asked if this was the most expensive rental we considered. It was middle of the road. There was a place that was a bit cheaper, but we decided not to go with it for a number of reasons, including that it really was too small. There was another place that was the same rent as this and one that was more. We are happy that we chose this one.

3. I love my job. I love what I am doing and I love where I am doing it. I met with my dean today to go over my midterm evaluations and I told her the same thing. I have a great department. There are no weak links, everyone does a great job. There are also no prima donnas. I could not ask for a better team to work with. As an added bonus, we all like each other. What a blessing!

4. Even though I like my job and am pretty certain moving here was the right thing for our family, I am still missing the people "back home." I really appreciate that you all still send me e-mails, leave comments here, and generally let me know you're still out there. It helps a lot.

5. There is nothing in Sioux Center to measure up to Providence Church's Wednesday g@p. Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. I will pass along your G@P comments to Tiffany! Menu tonight: Herbed Chicken with Artichokes, Olive and Tomato Cream Sauce, Reuben Dogs, Wild Rice Pilaf, Fresh Greens, Fresh Fruit, Carmel Apple Pie, Rice Krispie Treats. She's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That might be worth a road trip.

    ReplyDelete