Sunday, May 1, 2011

This and That

It has been a busy week out here in windy northwest Iowa. We had Ideafest on campus this week. Students presented papers and did poster presentations on their research. It was inspiring to hear about the work that students are doing across campus. I went to a presentation given by the student who designed the computer program I am using for my research study. Oh my, that undergrad students are able to undertake such work is amazing.

Friday was Ag day, so Jacob and I took Maria and Jon Felipe down to see all the animals and check out all the farm equipment. Jon Felipe loved having Jacob climb up into all the tractors with him. He wasn't too keen on the animals, though. He was pretty sure they would bite. Maria, on the other hand, spent all her time petting the goats, sheep, horses, and baby cows. I'm pretty sure no one petted the chickens or the steers, not even the baby ones, but I could be wrong about that. Being a city girl myself, I was content to just look.

I also had my interview with the board this week. I can hardly believe that I am at the end of my 2nd year at Dordt. The interview was great fun and they appointed me to a regular contract, so I guess we'll be in Sioux Center for awhile longer. You can tell you're getting used to living in a rural area when a trip to the "big" Walmart in LeMars is a major outing, not that I'm admitting to that happening here in the recent past. Just saying.

We also celebrated Jacob's 21st birthday this weekend. Here are a few random pictures from our weekend. It was a good one.













No comments:

Post a Comment