Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moms and Dads

Jon Felipe and I were chatting (in Spanish of course) as I got him dressed for school this morning. He commented that there were a lot of kids at his school who had a mom and a dad. I know this doesn't seem profound to you, but at the school he attended last year this was likely not the norm and he was very impressed that so many children had two parents. We talked a bit about that and what it meant for him to have a mom and a dad. Then he told me that there were lots of boys and girls at Ayudame (his orphanage) that would really like to have a mom and a dad. He also said he thought that it would make Maria Clemencia (the orphanage director) happy if all the kids at Ayudame left the orphanage because they all had moms and dads. I'll admit that Jon Felipe can be challenging at times, but I am so glad that I get to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment