Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Good and the Yucky

Started feeling yucky on Friday afternoon and it carried into the weekend. The good part was that my family completely spoiled me. I got to take naps, drink pots of tea, and read books that had nothing to do with work. Dwight cooked meals he thought I would enjoy. Colin and Jon Felipe baked me cookies. It was lovely to just rest and let them spoil me. I even watched some T.V. with the family, something I never do, and I enjoyed that too. I was reminded a bit of that African story where, after working hard for several days, the men take a day off to rest and "let their souls catch up with their bodies." I feel like I've taken some time off to let my soul catch up with my body and now I'm ready to jump back into my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment