Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Disappointed

It doesn't look likely that I will be able to have the hearing implant surgery done. I am very disappointed! My insurance company does cover this surgery, but only for conditions that are "on the list" and my condition is not listed. For example, if your hearing is impacted by chronic ear infections, you can have the surgery. If you have complete sensory-neuro hearing loss due to having had the mumps, you can't. Anyone else think maybe they just didn't think to add that to the list? I've been told that the only appeal process available to me is for me to agree to take financial responsibility, have the surgery done, and then appeal to try to have insurance cover it. I've also been told that the likelihood of that working is slim. Oh well, a few months ago I didn't even know this option was out there. Maybe sometimes it's better not to know about the things you can't have.

1 comment:

  1. So disappointing,-- the possibilities were so intriguing. Your philosophy is accurate though, just wish we had gotten our hopes up.

    ReplyDelete