Thursday, July 1, 2010

Iowans

Not only is Sioux Center starting to feel like home, we sealed the deal by going to the DMV this week to get our Iowa driver's licenses.

On a side note, I have to mention what a different experience this was from previous DMV visits in cities that shall remain nameless. We did not have to take a number and wait for hours. All the people working there were cheerful and friendly. Despite posted apologies about the slow computers, it took less than 30 minutes for all four of us to complete the process. It was actually a pleasant experience.

So, I guess we are truly Iowans now. So far, I'm liking it.

2 comments:

  1. The unmentioned city could be anywhere in Michigan. We had two offices here in Muskegon. Sat with Heather for 1.5 hours to get her first license. Although I do have to say, the DMV office is great for people watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Nick got his license in Holland in March and we were in/out of the office in 15 minutes. It was so easy. I waited in lines for a long, long time when I got my New Mexico driver's license a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete