Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

I have committed to reading through the Bible again this year. This time I am following a reading plan that is organized chronologically rather than sequentially. That means that I have been spending a lot of time lately in the book of Job. I do not claim to have great understanding of this book, but it has made for an interesting backdrop to some other things that have been occupying my thoughts lately.

I have a friend that lives a long ways from here. We have gotten to know each other through e-mail and keep up with each other through our family blogs. I think of it as a modern day pen pal type friendship. She has 9 children, some biological and some adopted. Almost all have special needs. Her son has been seriously ill and in the hospital for more than two weeks. His condition is serious, potentially life-threatening. This week her daughter was also hospitalized. Both children are extremely ill. I pray that both will be healed, that both will be able to get back to doing typical childhood things. Many others are praying also.

On a note closer to home, my niece is in the hospital. She, like my friend's children, is in pain. She has had more than her share of surgeries and hospitalizations this year. She had surgery again this afternoon and will likely be in the hospital for a few days. We are praying, as are many others, for healing and a return to typical teenage activities. My own children, too, have been having greater battles lately with their own health struggles. We continue to pray, knowing that God hears our prayers, and we wait for the answers. Meanwhile, these thoughts, these children, weigh heavy on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment