Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 2 in Nicaragua

Today I spent the day at Nicaragua Christian Academy. I observed my student teachers and met with the elementary principal, the secondary principal, and the director. I also did a workshop in the afternoon on working with children with Asperger Syndrome. It was a very busy day. It was also very warm, especially in the school during the afternoon. I can see why the school day starts early and ends early.


Nicaragua is an enchanting place and I am enjoying my time here. These pictures were taken outside my hotel.

This little guy is one of my roommates. He's kind of cute, but he's rather noisy.


As we were driving in from the airport, Stephanie told me that one night she went to her room to go to bed and when she opened the door, a gecko fell from the ceiling and landed on her head. I hear that this is rather a common occurance, so every time I open the door in my hotel room, I worry just a bit that something is going to fall on my head. Hasn't happened yet, but I gather it isn't outside the realm of possibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment