Thursday, February 3, 2011

Friends

My dear friend Tracy drove out to my parents' house to see me tonight. We grew up in neighboring houses and have been friends since shortly after we learned to walk. I had such a nice time visiting with her tonight. The snow interfered with a lot of my plans for this week, but I am glad that I got to do some of the things I had really been looking forward to. I loved having lots of time to spend with my parents, even more than I planned on courtesy of the blizzard. I even got to go to lunch with my sister today since all the schools were still out for snow. I enjoyed seeing some friends from high school on Monday night and I loved seeing Tracy tonight. Actually, before the storm hit I was able to get at least one observation in on each of the student teachers I came out here to see. I'm thinking that was pretty good, all things considered.

3 comments:

  1. I really wish the weather wasn't so horrible as I would have loved to see you also....but I was glad you were here to have a nice visit with Mom and Dad especially after Dad's surgery...you really were a big help........have a safe trip back home and I hope all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old saying: Make new friends, but keep the old; One is silver and the other gold! I'm glad we're friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old friends are great!

    ReplyDelete