Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great Chicago Blizzard of 2011

Thunder, lightning, sleet, 60 mile an hour winds, and a whole lot of snow. The Great Chicago Blizzard had it all. A friend said she was just waiting for locusts to show up. I'm in Chicago this week observing student teachers. While the blizzard did wreak havoc on my schedule for the week, I am so glad I was here to give my parents a hand with all this snow.

View from the front door this morning.




A neighbor and his son came over for a bit to help us out with the snow.

My mom.

Look how deep the snow was! I had been out with the shovel yesterday afternoon and again in the evening. We got all this snow during the night.


I even did some snow blowing. I usually stick to the shovel, but there was rather a lot of snow out there.


I got this far and wondered if we could just let the rest wait for spring.

Done shoveling for now and ready for a cup of tea.

My dad was inside watching. He had hip replacement surgery two weeks ago, but he really hated being left on the sidelines.

2 comments:

  1. Ron and I just came in from a similar scene. He used the snow blower while I knocked it down. Ours is about the same depth as yours in the drifts. We are taking a cocoa break and then will try to finish. You look great with the snowblower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, that's what Fairhill Court looks like too. You can imagine the size of the pile the plows make in the center of the cul-de-sac. They started taking it out with a dump truck this morning.

    ReplyDelete