Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

The year 2009 had some challenges, but God also sent us many blessings:

1. Family Time - with the move to Sioux Center, life slowed down a bit, and we were able to once again enjoy time for family activities like taking bike rides, playing games, and cooking together.

2. Jobs - with so many struggling with unemployment, Dwight and I have both been blessed with jobs we really enjoy.

3. Northwest Iowa - we still miss our friends back in Holland, but the people here in Northwest Iowa have to be among the nicest on the planet.

4. Adoption - Jon Felipe has been home for two years now. His adoption was finalized this fall. We are so blessed that God added him to our family. We are also grateful that our whole family is now together in one place again.

5. Education - I accomplished a major goal this summer when I graduated with my doctoral degree. I am so grateful to all the people who supported me along the way. I am also blessed that I have many more opportunities to keep learning and have really enjoyed my Spanish classes this year and look forward to continuing my study of this language in the upcoming semester.

I would love to hear about the blessings God has sent to you in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment