Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday, Jan. 25

One of the things I love about my job is that I have opportunities to get out into the schools and work with kids. I have been working at getting to know the staff in the schools around here and looking for those opportunities. Through Regina, I met the director of the secondary ELL (English Language Learner) program in the local school. As we talked, she shared a need for some help, particularly with the middle schoolers. Today I helped two lovely 8th grade young ladies who have only been in this country just over a year with some American history. Great fun! I am looking forward to helping out with these and other members of this group every Tuesday and Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. That's great, Kathleen! I think those girls are lucky to have you to work with them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you'd be interested to know that Monica Par's cousin's brother-in-law (how's that for confusing)will be starting at HC next week. According to Monica, he's at the very early stages of learning English. Want to come back and help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tempting Deb - you know I would love to do that. But I also know you love to do that and he's in good hands. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete