Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Socks

I have been sad a lot this year for many reasons. There are so many good things happening that most of the time the sad stays in its place below the surface, but sometimes it bubbles up. A couple weeks ago was one of those times and my dear husband decided to bring me a gift to cheer me up. His gift shows how well he knows me.

He bought me a new pack of white athletic socks. I love new socks. Eventually they wear thin, but those first few times you wear them, they are so soft and cushy. A friend told me once that if he ever got rich, his one indulgence would be to wear new white cotton socks every day. Sounds good to me.

Lately, though, there has been a lot more happy and sometime the sad isn't there at all. Plus, my new socks are still soft and cushy. It's all good.

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. I bought Smart Wool hiking socks to make the trek around the 3 mile block and I just love the way they feel, soft and cushy, on my feet. Smiling at you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to splurge on some new socks, too!

    ReplyDelete