Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's On My Mind

Tomorrow I am taking Maria to Sioux Falls for a CT scan. When she was first diagnosed with MG, she had a thymectomy done. As I mentioned before, she has been struggling more with her MG, so we are doing the CT scan to see if the thymus has grown back.

It would not be totally unusual for this to happen, especially as she was very young when she had the surgery. I don't think we will find out the results right away. If the thymus has grown back, it is an easy surgery to have it removed again, so this would be a simple fix for the increased weakness she has been having.

Classes are finished for the semester and I am already working on picking textbooks for my fall classes. The sheer number of choices is overwhelming. Instead of having the companies send me so many books, I have been trying to view them all online. The entire book is available to peruse online and I am in favor of the good stewardship involved in viewing the books this way, but I have to admit that I still would prefer to look at the real thing. Probably a sign of my age.

I am also working on preparing for a graduate course I'll be teaching this summer as well as a workshop I'm giving. I am doing the workshop with my friend Gwen and I have really enjoyed working on the preparations with her. I think we are going to have a good time doing this together. Hopefully, the participants will also have a good experience.

Please pray that we have resolution on our house soon. This would bring us great peace of mind.

1 comment: