Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday, Oct. 8


We have been having such fabulous fall weather here in northwest Iowa! This is Dwight this morning as we were leaving our house to walk over to Dordt for day 2 of the Heartland Christian Educators Convention. We both enjoyed the convention - great worship time, good learning opportunities, and the chance to chat with fellow educators.

I presented one of the sectionals today. Last night I revised my presentation, worried I had made it too short. I wondered if anyone would even come to my sectional. Of course, today people did show up, we had a good time talking about the topic together, and I never even got to the part I added last night. I need to stop over thinking these things.

This afternoon, we went for a bike ride with the kids, enjoying the beautiful summer-like weather. The temperature right now is 89 degrees! We rode the whole bike trail, stopping to enjoy the park along the way. (Maria is at her friend's house, so she didn't have to deal with riding a bike yet.) The only downside is these Asian beetles that look like ladybugs. Did you know they bite? Ouch.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful here this week also. We rode the "motorized" cycles to Grand Haven with Micky and Gary tonight for dinner. Glad Maria is out socializing again instead of taking up a hospital slot.

    ReplyDelete