Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm an Iowan?

I always park my car in pretty much the same place at work each day. Someone else at work has a car that looks very much like mine and they also park in the same area. Now, it's not that I'm an absent minded professor or anything, but I will admit to almost getting into the wrong car on more than one occasion. Fortunately, the upholstery of the other car is a slightly lighter shade of gray than mine. In addition, that car has a different collection of flotsam floating around in it than my car. Not that my flotsam is any classier, just different.

Anyway, when I head off to my car I am quite aware that I have to do a quick check to make sure that I don't try to drive off in the wrong vehicle. So today as I was walking toward my car, I quickly glanced at the license plate. When I saw the Iowa plate, I swerved toward the other red car parked nearby. Then I remembered that I have Iowa plates on my car too. Oops. That's right, I'm from Iowa now. It's hard to get used to all this change. The other day, someone asked where I worked and I said "Holland Christian," and then had to explain that I used to work at Holland Christian. So, I'm not an absent minded professor and I'm working on adjusting to all this change. After all, I only tried to get into the wrong car twice today.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Makes us "older" folks feel better about forgetting. Still miss having you here and popping over to your room to show/tell you something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I'm glad your becoming an absent minded professor.....then it makes me feel better about being crazy Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once a Holland Christian employee, always (at least in spirit) a Holland Christian employee :-)

    ReplyDelete