Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jon Felipe's Birthday

My parents drove out to Iowa for the weekend to help us celebrate Jon Felipe's birthday. Unfortunately, they both came down with colds on the day they drove out here so they weren't feeling their best. Still, it was so nice to see them, even if it was only for a short visit. Several months ago, they had made a promise to Jon Felipe that they would come out for his birthday and he had been counting the days. He would have been so disappointed if they hadn't been able to make it. So, I'm glad they made it for his sake, but I'm also glad they made it for my sake. I miss them. I wish we didn't live so far away. I wish I could see them more often. I wish I could just drop by their house for a quick visit and a cup of tea. Talking on the phone is good, but it's not quite the same. Thanks Mom and Dad for making the long drive to see us!



















No comments:

Post a Comment