Sunday, March 28, 2010

In the Eyes of a Child

It was so fun to watch Jon Felipe's excitement in church this morning. We attended a nearby church with a more contemporary service, so the words of the songs were projected onto a screen in the front. JF was so excited about every word that he could read. He would excitedly point them out to me: joy, love, Jesus, and many more. He was too excited to do it quietly and his total joy at being able to read the words was so great that I didn't try to shush him either. Where we were sitting, we were completely surrounded by college students, several of whom I have in class, and none of them seemed at all bothered by the noise. JF has such a gift for living totally in the moment and fully embracing the joy of that moment. I am trying to be more like him.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is beautiful. The joy & happiness of a child who loves being in God's presence is a heartwarming sight.

    ReplyDelete