Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mrs. L.

Mrs. L has been such a blessing to us. She is the parapro (teacher aide) that the school hired at the beginning of the school year to work with Jon Felipe. She taught first and second grade for more than twenty years so she has lots of experience with this age group and she is just wonderful with Jon Felipe. She knows what things to push and what things to let go. She holds him to high standards while also being understanding of his struggles. We communicate via a notebook that goes back and forth so I always know what things Jon Felipe worked on at school and how his day went. JF has made huge progress this year at school and I am convinced that a lot of that is due to Mrs. L. He has learned to read and spell and do basic math. He has begun to do Bible memory. He has learned how to act in the classroom. He has worked on learning how to play with friends at recess and I love hearing his stories each day about his interactions with his friends. He is thriving this year and we thank God for putting Mrs. L his life.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Widdlytinks... I linked to mine but they do not give me enough characters for our family :( It will only let me go to 12 people.

    What a wonderful gift for JF to have such a caring aide at his school.. she sounds like she has really motivated him.

    ReplyDelete