Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Program





Am I the only mom who gets teary watching children's programs? 'Fess up. I'm guessing there are at least a few others of you out there. Anyway, today Jon Felipe was in the Christmas program at our church. It was a little hard to get teary, though, because I was trying hard not to laugh during most of it. It did not help that I was sitting next to Colin, who was having an even harder time not laughing.

The children were so cute and the program was lovely. The laughter came because this was a rather loosely rehearsed program, which is definitely how it should be. I totally agree that participating in your church's Christmas program should be a low stress event. The "hat" (as JF called it) completely concealing one half of Jon Felipe's face says it all.

Even so, I still teared up during the final song. I am so grateful that I can openly speak of my faith, that my children can be brought up to know Jesus, and that we can freely attend a church where others lovingly help instruct my children in the ways of the Lord. Merry Christmas to you!



1 comment:

  1. The head dress over one eye either makes him rakish, or pirate-like! I always cried at the children's program when they sang Away in the Manger with motions.

    ReplyDelete