Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's beginning to feel like Christmas

I gave blood today. If you aren't a blood donor, I urge you to consider doing it. You will help many people, possibly even my daughter who gets an intravenous dose of immuno-globulin (IVIG - a blood product) once a month. It keeps her alive. Your donation could help keep her or someone else alive. Think of it as the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you!

I also got to spend time with a delightful group of middle school children this afternoon working on math. I love helping with math! Then I went over to Kid Zone for a little cup stacking. Those kids that I was helping with math? Yeah, they totally beat me at cup stacking. Fun!

We rounded out the day by attending Unity's Christmas concert. For the Hallelujah Chorus, the director invited audience members to come up and sing with the choirs. We used to do this at the HC faculty Christmas tea. I always loved it. This year, like last year, I just listened and that was nice too. Now if Leona is willing to drive out and share the music with me like we've done at more than 20 Christmas teas, then I'll get up there. Otherwise, it is nice to listen too.

It's beginning to feel like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment