Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Inclusion

As I've mentioned before, Jon Felipe's class has swimming lessons once a week. Every now and then, it works out that I can drop in and watch for awhile. He loves it when I come watch him swim, plus it gives me a chance to chat with his teacher aide for a bit. A lot of good educational planning has happened over the past two years while sitting at the edge of the pool talking with his aide.

Today they had free time at the end of class. I loved watching JF interacting with the other kids. They don't treat him differently and they definitely don't cut him any slack. A group of them were tearing around the area, chasing each other in and out of the different pools, whacking each other with pool noodles, splashing, and generally having a great time. Jon Felipe was right in the middle of all the rough housing, having a great time. The grin on his face was huge and I'm pretty sure the grin on my face was just as big. He is accepted just as he is by his peers and I am so thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment