Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. Lots of people sent me birthday messages on facebook. I even got some nice cards via snail mail. I also got a new haircut last night so I received lots of compliments today, which is a fun thing to have happen on your birthday. There was a reception at the president's house tonight (President Zylstra that is, not Mr. Obama) and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a nice day, even if it was really busy. I am really enjoying getting to know my new colleagues, which is nice because we spend a lot of time together.

If I was in Holland, I would have gone to lunch with my friend Marilyn, perhaps in Grand Haven as we've done the last couple years. Dwight and the kids probably would have baked me a cake, borrowing a mixer from the Pikaarts like we always do when we need to bake a cake. We might have taken the family out to dinner at Goog's. Now that we are in Sioux Center, we'll have to make some new traditions. Our schedule was so full that today wasn't the day to start any of those. However, I'm thinking it is just going to have to be a birthday weekend so we have time to get some of those things in.

No comments:

Post a Comment