Monday, October 5, 2009

Down Syndrome Awareness Month

As October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, I thought I would mention a new reality show out of the U.K. that highlights DS. It is about the lives of five young people who are housemates together in Brighton, England. Four of the young people have DS and one has William's Syndrome. So far, five episodes have been released. While I do not necessarily agree with all the decisions that have been made as regards the lifestyle of these young people, I do appreciate that they are living a life that is similar to that of their peers. It is a fun show and you will laugh, especially if you know anyone with DS. If you want to get the flavor of the show, I suggest watching episode one. Episode three is the funniest one so far, but since it includes brief scenes of the Lady Boys of Bangkok, I would have to rate it PG-13. So, if you have some time on your hands, check it out and let me know what you think.

http://the-specials.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment