Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Morning

My parents arrived late yesterday afternoon. They stopped in LeMars and went to Pizza Ranch for supper. Then, Maria and I met them at their hotel room and shared a pot of tea. Maria swam in the hotel pool and the rest of us visited. It was very nice.

Jon woke up yesteday with a high fever. I called my parents right away, but they decided to come visit us anyway since the plans were all made. Later in the day, I became quite concerned about Jon because I couldn't keep the fever down and fever triggers his seizures. Plus, he clearly was very ill. I called the doctor's office and they had me bring him right in. He tested positive for H1N1. Poor little guy is totally miserable. They put him on Tamiflu and also gave a prescription for Maria to take to it to try to prevent her from getting the flu. Dwight just read in the news that 10% of the kids in the schools here have H1N1.

I was so excited to have my family come visit and now this. It seems so unfair. Jon was so excited to see Grandpa, now he can't be near him at all. Actually, though, he's so sick he didn't even notice that Maria and I left to visit with Grandpa and Grandma last night.

So, I don't know how the rest of the visit will look. I'm thinking we'll have to skip some of the stuff we had planned. My dad was pretty wiped out from the trip, so he's okay with that. At least it stopped raining.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Jon. We pray that he'll feel better soon and there will be no seizures. We'll also pray that no one else comes down with H1N1. Say hello to your parents for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! Have fun with your folks anyway; give Jon (and Maria) a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete