Saturday, October 24, 2009

The VanTols Move to the Big House

After I wrote about our two rental options, a couple more places opened up and we actually had about four places to choose from. We went and looked at them all and weighed our options and all the pros and cons, but then I got sick and then the kids got sick and we just never got around to deciding. After a couple weeks, the landlord from the place we liked best called and asked if we would consider renting his place if he lowered the rent. Of course, we said that would help! So, we got the place we really wanted at a reasonable rent.

Jon has been asking for days when we get to move to "The big house." The new place is has so much more space than the little house we were renting! Today was finally moving day. Many, many people came and helped us move. Lots of people from my department as well as some of Jacob's professors and a few people I didn't even know. Joe, the man moving into our house, helped us move too. He has people coming out to visit him at the end of next week and he really wanted to be moved in to his new house before they came. Our landlord kindly let us move in a week early to accommodate Joe's move next week.

A friend from my department came and helped me pack the kitchen yesterday. It was so nice to have help with this task, but it made me really miss all my friends back in Holland who came and helped me pack my kitchen for the move here. Regina helped me unpack my kitchen (for the second time in as many months) and also made lunch for everyone who helped. Everything is moved over. Now we have lots of unpacking to do. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, it takes weeks to unpack all those boxes. We know! Glad the move went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We probably have some in the crawl space that we still haven't unpacked!

    ReplyDelete