Monday, October 12, 2009

Snowy Morning

















Today we woke to another dusting of snow. As you can see, we are not quite ready for winter weather yet. I did receive an e-mail from the school informing me that children are expected to wear boots on snowy days. Obviously, this never occurred to me! Of course, this notification necessitated a quick excursion after school to try to find children's snow boots (all our boots were lost in the flood). As I'm sure you are aware, the shelves were picked bare. We were able to get something for Jon Felipe at Walmart, but nothing has been found yet for Maria.
The little girl with the umbrella in this picture is Claudia and she is in kindergarten. She is a very sweet little girl and we always chat, usually in Spanish, while waiting for the bus. There are other children on our bus stop, but some of them didn't ride the bus this morning. There is still a lot of illness going around Sioux Center.

The snow on the trees was just beautiful and I enjoyed looking at it, while standing inside with a hot cup of tea. It did warm up this afternoon and all the snow melted once again. This wet weather has come at a tough time for the farmers. Friday night we saw them out in the fields working long after dark to try to finishing harvesting before the rain and snow started.


2 comments:

  1. Sioux Center beat Holland in the arrival of snow! Ron bundled up for golfing today, but no freezing temps. for the lakeshore yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cold to take my bike to school--I was feeling sorry for myself until I saw your snow :-)

    ReplyDelete