Saturday, October 3, 2009

It was a Good Day

Today was a good day despite the H1N1. Maria and I took my folks out and about in Sioux Center this morning. We also stopped and visited with George and Regina awhile. This afternoon, we went on a tour of the college. I baked some almond patties while everyone had a nap and then Maria and I packed up the tea things and the treats and met them at the hotel again for tea. Maria got in more swimming and we all got in more visiting. Dwight and the boys made homemade pizza and brought it out there and we all ate together in the big gathering room at the hotel. It was fun.

Jon's fever broke by noon and he got up and ate three bowls of noodle soup. He is feeling much better and no longer wants to lay around and rest. He's eating and being pretty much his normal self again. We are so glad that he seems to have turned the corner and is on the mend. So far, the rest of us have remained healthy. It was too bad that he had to lay low for the big grandparent visit and I really hope my folks don't get sick. I think they had a good visit despite the fact that we didn't really do anything exciting. It was so good to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment