Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Oct 20

I haven't posted anything for awhile because I have been struggling with feeling a bit down and I didn't really want to write about negative things. I'm not sure why I've been down, things are still going really well here. I still like the work I am doing, Dwight still enjoys his work, the kids are happy. I think it is combination of all this illness going around and having to move again.

It seems like I just cannot get everyone healthy. I was sick for what felt like a long time, then Jon Felipe got really sick, then Maria picked up something and now she is sick again. She was home from school yesterday and today. She'll have her treatment tomorrow which will hopefully help perk her up and help her kick this latest bout of the crud. Is it just me, or does it seem like illness is hitting harder this fall than usual?

Plus we have to move again. We have been so busy with work and taking care of sick kids that thinking of packing everything up AGAIN is rather overwhelming. The sale of our house in Holland hasn't happened so we don't have closure on that either. We didn't unpack a lot of stuff, but we did unpack some stuff and just thinking of packing up the kitchen again seems like a big job.

On top of all this, Jon Felipe has been having more seizures. We realized he was still having them at night so we got a baby monitor and put it in his room so we would hear him. Sure enough, he is still having seizures at night. Then today he had his first one at school. He is "student of the week" so during story time he gets to sit in the special chair at the front of the class. Of course, that means that when he had the seizure today during story time, he was front and center. On the plus side, the special chair is a sling type chair so he didn't fall out of it when he had the seizure. The teacher tells me, though, that the students were very calm when he was having the seizure. The nurse had explained to the class about seizures and I guess she must have done a good job because the teacher said the kids handled it really well.

So instead of doing any more school work, I'm going to go take a hot shower and then go to bed and read some frivolous fiction for awhile. And maybe have some ice cream. With chocolate sauce. And whipped cream. In bed.

4 comments:

  1. I wondered why you hadn't posted to your blog in a while. I talked to Dwight last weekend-- didn't realize you were all still sick. It is really going around in W. Mich. too. Lots of schools are closed for the rest of this week due to illness(we are off for convention). It is hard to move (and move again!) and have so many changes. I wish you were closer so we could help! Take care of yourself too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a comment on my blog... I look forward to reading yours and I am glad the Lord used my post to encourage you.We also have had alot of illness. I will be praying for your move and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Marilyn and I were there to re-pack your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came via mommajeanes blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete